Saturday, August 13, 2011

Odin, and Peanut Butter Cookies

Since it's summer and we don't have air conditioning, my roommates have been spending a lot of time sitting outside on our back porch. Almost every day, this cat comes to visit.

We're not sure if he's a stray or just someone's outdoor cat, but we call him Odin. He's really skinny, but his coat is fairly clean and shiny (for a cat who spends so much time outside). As soon as he sees us, Odin comes running. He rubs against my legs and purrs, sometimes even jumping into my lap.  If we're not careful about watching the door, he tries to run into the house (and sometimes succeeds).

He's not allowed in, of course. He doesn't seem to be neutered, and we really don't want him to mark his territory. Today he made a break for the house 3 times, and each time I caught him right before he got in. After the third attempt, he wandered away in a bit of a sulk. He'll be back.

And I'm spending so much time talking about the kitty, because the cookies I made this morning are pretty basic. So basic, in fact, that I'll be really surprised if anyone reading this hasn't tried it already. I'm talking about Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.


It's the easiest baked desert I've ever made, and uses stuff most people have on hand. I make these cookies when I want something sweet but don't feel like putting forth much effort. The tastiness of these cookies all depends on the quality of the peanut butter. I've made them with "value" variety, and ended up with weird greasy little discs.

Still, it's a really good cookie. And versatile. If you want you can stir in extra things, like a little oatmeal (just add an extra egg if the dough seems too stiff) or a handful of chocolate chips.

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
(I don't remember where I first found the recipe, but it's all over the internet)

1 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium mixing bowl combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg. Beat it all together until it's combined and a little bit fluffy. Spoon lumps of dough onto a cookie sheet (like you would for any other drop cookies), and bake for 15 minutes. The cookies will come out feeling way too soft, but they'll harden as they cool on the cookie sheet. 


These cookies are really rich. Even I can't eat more than two in a single sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...