Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beginning

So, here's my first ever post. I never know how to start these things, so I'll just tell a little about myself. Here goes:
I'm a twenty-something year-old woman who's slowly but surely teaching herself how to cook. I grew up in a small town in Iowa, eating Tex Mex and Persian food. Now I live in Denver, and eat whatever I can find that's healthy and inexpensive. I try to feed myself well on a budget. I avoid waste of any sort.
I suppose I'm a bit old-fashioned in the kitchen. When I roast a chicken, I turn the bones into stock. I bake my own bread, and I'm reading up on pickling. I also like to take recipes and adapt them to suit my taste. Or build on them and make new things.
I have a good-sized kitchen, but I also have three roommates. So space is a factor.
Most of my recipes come from food blogs and cook books I check out from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...